This workout is all about testing your stamina! When you decide on a personalized option, pick something where you'll feel challenged. Although you're racing the clock, you should still feel some tension and resistance in the movements.
Renegade Rows/Plank Drags
- Adjust load.
- Perform on knees.
- Adjust load.
- Instead of going all the way to the floor each rep, just go right below-the-knees.
- Lower height of surface/object.
- Option to perform Lateral Jumps on the ground instead of your weight.
- Instead of touching the toe, touch the shin, then the knee.
- Sub out to high Flutter Kicks with shoulders off or on the ground.
- Reduce to 15-20 reps.
- Anchor the feet with a weight to help use legs to sit up.
- Rows/Drags/Deadlifts: DB(s), KB(s), or small backpack.
- High-pulls: same as above, with the addition of a barbell.
- Step-ups/Jumps: box, stool, chair, retaining wall. If nothing works, perform Lateral Lunges for Lateral Step-ups.
🤰 Mama Birds
Part 1: 2-minute AMRAP
Part 2: 5-min. AMRAP (get as far as you can)
Part 3: Complete for time
- Rest one minute between each part
20 Renegade Rows
30 Kneeling Plank Drags
30 Lateral Step-ups
20 Kettlebell swings to eye level
*All movements performed as TOTAL reps, not each side, alternate arms/directions as needed.
✅ Weighted object(s) for Renegade Rows.
✅ Weighted object(s) for Plank Drags.
✅ Weighted object(s)for Staggered Stance Deadlifts.
✅ Weighted object(s) for Sumo Deadlift High-Pull.
✅ Object to jump over for Lateral Jumps.
✅ Something to step on for Lateral Step-ups
✅ Mat or soft surface for Alternating V-ups and Sit-ups.
⏱ Clock set to stopwatch. Record total time for entire workout.