This can be done with a barbell, backpack, whatever you have around the house...just don't forget the sumo suit.
✅ The Set-up
- Stand in wide stance outside of shoulders, toes pointed outwards at 45 degree angle.
- Hold onto one or two weights between the legs.
🏃♂️ The Action
- Perform a Sumo Deadlift.
- Then at the top lockout, continue to vigorously extend the hips, jump upwards.
- Pull an object towards the clavicles, keeping the weight close to the body.
- Lock arm back out and weight back to hips, then back to the ground.
✅ The Finish
- Standing up in a sumo stance with both legs fully locked out.
- Weight held at your chest level with elbows high.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Pinch shoulder blades back to keep a safe back angle.