We have three couplets today and each has one movement that is meant to be heavy/controlled and the other movement that is meant to be light (bodyweight)/fast. For the weighted movements, find an option that feels challenging. Something where you can do about 10-12 reps and feels hard. The bodyweight movements should feel like, for lack of a better term...burning!
- Weighted Squats/Step-ups: adjust load, then perform with no weight (bodyweight only).
- Air Squats: perform to a chair to help assist up.
- Box Jumps: lower height of object jumping onto, then perform Step-ups, then perform Heel Taps.
- Tricep Extensions: adjust load.
- Chair Dips: use more or less of your legs to help offset your bodyweight (straight legs are less help, bent knees are more help).
- Weighted Squats/Step-ups: use DB(s), KB(s), a barbell, or a backpack.
- Tri Ext: use a LIGHT DB/KB or bottle/jar.
Sub Chair Dups to Tricep Kickbacks in 30 seconds
✅ Weight option for Weighted Squats. This should be a heavy weight where you'd only be able to do about 10-12 reps.
✅ Weight option for Step-ups. This should be a heavy weight where you'd only be able to do about 10-12 reps total.
✅ Something to step on for Step-ups and Box Jumps. Preferably something 12 inches or higher.
✅ Weight option for Tricep Extensions. This should be a heavy weight where you'd only be able to do about 10-12 reps.
✅ Chair or step for Dips. This could be the same thing you're using for the Step-ups.