With the exception of the Sit-ups, pick a personalized option that's heavy. You should definitely feel resistance. If you have limited heavy options, increase the reps so that you're working at least 30 30-40 seconds of the minute.
- First, adjust load, then modify height of elevation.
- Beginners: perform bodyweight Lunges in place (no weight or elevation).
- Equipment: If your weights are too light for the rep scheme, increase reps to 10-12 reps per side.
- Adjust load.
- Beginners: if its hard to lock out elbows in the Press position, use two weights, one in each hand, instead of one weight.
- If your weights are too light for the rep scheme, increase to 10-12 reps total.
- Lower height of elevation.
- Advanced: scale up by adding a little hop/jump at the top of the rep (while standing), but not with weight today.
- Beginners; anchor feet to reduce difficulty.
- Increase difficulty by adding a weight held at the chest.
- Lunges: elevate using a small stool or stack of books.
- Lunges/Push Press: barbell or backpack, pair of DBs/KBs/bottles.
- Step-ups: elevated surface like a chair or stool.
🤰 Mama Birds
Min 1: 8 Weighted Reverse Lunges
Min 2: 8 Push Press
Min 3: 8 Lateral Step-ups
Min 4: Max Kettlebell Swing (eye level)
Min 5: Rest
*Reps each side.
✅ Weight option for Elevated Front Leg Lunges.
✅ Weight option for Push Presses.
✅ Elevated object for Lateral Step-ups.
⏱ Clock set to one-minute intervals.