The Jogging Lateral High Knees are there to get your heart rate up, not to mention give you a little burning sensation in your hips, but the real focus will be in on the Dip Support Holds. Try to maintain tension in your entire body while you hold and focus on pushing into the chair (or floor) and keeping your shoulders away from your ears. Make sure to pick a personalized option where you can hold at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Jogging Lateral High Knees: reduce to 20 reps, then instead of touching opposite hand to opposite foot, touch opposite shin, then opposite knee.
- Front Rack Lunges: adjust load. If your weights are light for your abilities, perform 12-14 reps per side.
- Dip Support Hold Difficulty Scale: feet off of the floor --> one foot on the floor --> two feet on the floor -->Reverse Plank.
- Lunges: barbell, DB(s), KB(s), or backpack.
- Dip Support: use chairs, a table, or parallettes if you have them.
🤰 Mama Birds
In a 3-minute window, perform:
30 Toe Taps
10 Front-rack reverse lunges, each side
In the remaining time,
✅ Weight option for your lunges. Something moderate where you can feel some tension throughout the reps, but still feel doable.
✅ Two chairs, benches, or steps for the Dip Support Hold.
⏱ Clock set to 15 minutes or 3 minute intervals.