Like the normal dead bug, but a little more challenging on the core with the added weight.
✅ The Set-up
- Lie on your back on the ground.
- Bring legs up so that they are perpendicular with your body, knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Arms are reaching towards the ceiling, straight elbows, holding a weight in your hands.
- Core is engaged with lower back flat against the ground.
🏃♂️ The Action
- Lower your right foot towards the ground, keeping a 90 degree angle with the knee, while keeping the weight locked out in hands pushed towards the ceiling.
- Return leg and arm to center, switch sides.
- Continue performing in a controlled, slow fashion.
✅ The Finish
- Lying on your back with legs (knees bent) and arms straight up with weight in hands, low back flat against ground.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Think of sucking your belly button down to your spine throughout the entire movement!