✅ The Set-up
- Stand with feet underneath shoulders in squat stance.
- Hold one weight in both hands between legs at the level of the hips.
🏃♂️ The Action
- Lean over with your hips with a flat back and soft knees.
- Once object gets to the level of your mid thigh (no lower than knees), squeeze butt and catapult object forward and up, making a semi circle trajectory.
- Punch at lockout with elbow next to ear,
- Lower down with control, catch weight at the hips again, perform continuously.
✅ The Finish
- Standing with feet under shoulders with arms and weight locked out overhead.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Brace your abs/core at the top of the swing to avoid over extending your low back.
It's All in the Hips
Instructions, personalization options, and video demos are available for members only.🔓 Unlock this Movement for Free
*Your membership plan does not include movement details, personalization options, or video demos. This app does not support purchasing. Memberships purchased from Gymparty can be used in this app.
These related movements are often used in a workout's personalization options.
Today's Focus: Hamstrings and balance
Today's Focus: another CrossFit Benchmark workout
Today's Focus: Endurance
Today's Focus: All of the things!
Pairs well with pushing, pulling, and posterior movements.
Pairs well with pressing, pushing, and posterior movements.