The step-ups should feel challenging, which is why we have a range of 8-12. It should take about 40 seconds to complete your reps. If you're finishing faster than that, add more reps, if you're taking longer and bleeding into the next minute, then decrease the rep number. For the plank drags, we want you moving the entire minute, getting as many reps as possible.
- First, adjust height of the object you're stepping onto.
- Next, adjust load, then perform as bodyweight Step-ups (no weight).
- First, reduce load.
- Second, perform Plank on knees.
- Step-ups: perform using 1 or 2 DBs, a barbell, or a backpack.
- Plank Drags: use one DB or backpack.
🤰 Mama Birds
- 8 step-ups
- Kneeling Plank drags
✅ Weight option for heavy plank drags.
✅ Weight option for step-ups. Use a weight that feels challenging.
✅ Something sturdy to step on. Preferably 8 inches or higher.
⏱ Clock set to one minute intervals.