We've never been to Bulgaria, but if these lunges are any indication of how they do things around there then we may just leave it on the bucket list.
✅ The Set-up
- Stand with feet underneath your shoulders, with an elevated surface roughly arm's distance behind you.
- Bring one foot up and back, placing the top of the foot on the surface, elevating it.
🏃♂️ The Action
- Lower yourself down, bending the front knee to a 90 degree angle, back knee bends but does not touch the ground.
- Push off your front foot to stand, repeat.
- Switch legs.
✅ The Finish
- Standing up fully with front leg locked out and back foot on an elevated surface.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Drive off your heel in the front foot to stay balanced.