✅ The Set-up
- Stand in a hip-width split-stance (example: right leg forward, left leg back) - weight of the front foot evenly planted with back heel off of the ground.
- Hold a weight in one arm (example: left) and hold it at shoulder level, supported with elbow underneath.
🏃♂️ The Action
- With the arm that has the weight, punch up locking arm out, weight directly overhead.
- Lower back down to the shoulder, repeat reps and/or switch sides.
✅ The Finish
- Standing split-stance with one arm above your head locked out holding a weight, other arm is free.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Brace your core before you start the press to prevent over extending the low back.