Has anyone actually ever seen a pigeon sit in this position?
✅ The Set-up
- Get into a low lunge stance with one leg forward, other leg trailing backwards (knee on the ground).
- Turn the front leg onto the outside, rotating the knee outward, placing the outside of your butt on the ground.
- Bottom leg is facing the ground (knee downward).
🏃♂️ The Action
- Try to lower hips as low as possible to the ground while maintaining a straight chest/torrso angle forward.
- Front knee should try to lay sideways -- scale by having it not so far down.
- Back leg should try to lay flat on the ground -- scale by having it higher off of the ground.
- Arms can support the body or not.
- Hold for a duration of time then switch sides.
✅ The Finish
- One leg forward, knee bent, rotated outwards with the back leg straight, hip and shoulders square.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Breathe and slowly and controlled as possible to try to ease into the stretch.
Instructions, personalization options, and video demos are available for members only.🔓 Unlock this Movement for Free
*Your membership plan does not include movement details, personalization options, or video demos. This app does not support purchasing. Memberships purchased from Gymparty can be used in this app.
These related movements are often used in a workout's personalization options.
Warm-up: Varied-stance Endurance
Pairs best with pulling and squatting movements.