Has anyone actually ever seen a pigeon sit in this position?
✅ The Set-up
- Get into a low lunge stance with one leg forward, other leg trailing backwards (knee on the ground).
- Turn the front leg onto the outside, rotating the knee outward, placing the outside of your butt on the ground.
- Bottom leg is facing the ground (knee downward).
🏃♂️ The Action
- Try to lower hips as low as possible to the ground while maintaining a straight chest/torrso angle forward.
- Front knee should try to lay sideways -- scale by having it not so far down.
- Back leg should try to lay flat on the ground -- scale by having it higher off of the ground.
- Arms can support the body or not.
- Hold for a duration of time then switch sides.
✅ The Finish
- One leg forward, knee bent, rotated outwards with the back leg straight, hip and shoulders square.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Breathe and slowly and controlled as possible to try to ease into the stretch.