Nothing beats chopping imaginary wood! This is a great movement to engage the core and shoulders.
✅ The Set-up
- Stand with feet under shoulders.
- Hold one weight in both hands at the front of the body hip level,
🏃♂️ The Action
- Pivot hips towards the left side of your body with the right heel coming up off the ground.
- Lean downward towards the left side of the body with chest over your weight.
- Extend the hips and jump weight upwards and overhead towards the right side of the body.
- Lock arms out and transfer weight from the left foot to the right foot as the left heel comes off of the ground.
✅ The Finish
- Standing with legs in a split stance, body leaning towards one direction with weight held up overhead.
🧢 Coaching Tips! Keep legs mostly straight but with soft knees to get the most out of your legs.