Nothing beats chopping imaginary wood! This is a great movement to engage the core and shoulders.
- Stand with feet under shoulders
- Hold one weight in both hands at the front of the body hip level
- Pivot towards the left side of your body with the right heel coming up off the ground
- Weight goes to the left side of the body and lean down towards the knee
- Bending over at the hips but keeping legs mostly straight with soft knees
- Extend the hips and jump weight upwards and overhead towards the right side of the body
- Lock arms out and transfer weight from the left foot to the right foot as the left heel comes off of the ground, repeat, switch sides