re you a night time snacker? 🙋♀️
Do you finish your dinner… only to go back into the kitchen to open the pantry door and search for something tasty? 🙋
Do you go back and forth between thinking, “is this boredom? Am I really hungry? Man… I just really want ICE CREAM!” 🙋♂️
Well, look no further. Whether you want to curb the late night snack monster or even enjoy midday in the sunshine, this simple banana ice cream recipe is sure to give you a guilt-less sweet tooth alternative to our traditional late-night go-tos!
The catch? This recipe is made ENTIRELY WITH BANANA. So this ice cream is no-sugar added, no nonsense, just simple and delicious!
*Spoiler alert, if you don’t like banana flavor, you probably won’t enjoy it much, but you can diversify the recipe with some of the options below to help add in extra taste bud complexity or some fats or protein if you want to balance it out!
- Slice bananas into half inch discs and place in a container.
- SIT IN FREEZER OVERNIGHT! *important step!*
- Next day… pour bag contents into the food processor (break up pieces if stuck together).
- Pulse! Keep scraping down the sides.
- Once the banana is all crumbly, switch to blend.
- Keep blending until smooth in texture.
- Add any additional toppings now! (See below) Continue to blend until mixture starts to fluff up (aerate).
- Place in an airtight container and freeze until solid (right now the mixture is still kinda gooey) - approx 2+ hours.
My favorite? Peanut butter + cocoa powder = 🤯